Sunday, October 28, 2012

Go Bananas!

Today, I decided to try a new recipe from the food network website. I had some ripe bananas which were begging me to eat them, so I decided to got for a frozen banana sorbet. I also wanted to make caramel sauce, as I love to drizzle it on top. Here's what I used:
For the Banana sorbet:
2 ripe bananas
1 tbsp lemon concentrate ( The original recipe asks for fresh lemon, but I did not have any at home)
2 tbsp honey
Few peanuts for some texture.

I froze the bananas for about 3 hours, peeled them and processed in a blender with the lemon juice and honey until pureed  with some chunks left over. All I did was scooped it in to a bowl and ate it with some home made caramel sauce.

For the Caramel sauce:

1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup Half and Half
A pinch of salt
4 tbsp butter

I heated up all the ingredients together for about 15 minutes on medium flame, poured it in a jar after the sauce cooled a little and refrigerated it. It did not turn out with the texture I was expecting it to, but it still tastes pretty good. I will definitely try it again to perfect it. I will definitely drizzle it on top of some apples or some brownies. YUM!

The banana sorbet tastes good. The consistency was actually like ice cream; soft and creamy. And it will satisfy a sweet tooth. The caramel on top was a bit much for me--too sweet. Next time, I will drizzle some semi sweet chocolate and also add some walnuts for some texture. Also, I would peel the bananas before I freeze them.


Banana sorbet with Caramel sauce.


Hope you will try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment