Friday, November 16, 2012

Holiday season is almost here!

This year, me and my sisters decided that were going to make Thanksgiving dinner and for dessert I want to make pecan pie. I have never made any kind of pie before so, this is kind of my dry run for the actual day. It actually turned out pretty good; if I can say so myself.;) I took it to work for my colleagues and they liked it. Mission accomplished. The pie crust I used was store bought, but here's what I used for the filling.

2 cups White sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup pecans
3 whole eggs
1 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tbsp salt.

The recipe is so simple, I could make it all the time. Just mix all the ingredients except the pecans. Pecans go in the pie shell and then I put in the mixture in top and baked it for about 1 hr 10 min and cooled it overnight. and DONE!



Ready, set. eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment