Monday, April 29, 2013

What's cooking?: Zucchini squash-pecan muffins

I distinctly remember when I had my first Zucchini bread. It was at Starbucks, a few years ago, with a friend, and was looking to try something different. OMG! it was amazing. It was not overly sweet, just the right amount of spice, just the right amount of every thing. I wanted to make it on my own and I found a recipe on the world wide web. I made a few changes to it. I reduced the amount of sugar to 1 cup and added about   1/4 cup of honey and added pecans for nuts. Also, I made them in a muffin tin instead of making a bread. This reduces the baking time to about 25 minutes.Eventually, I will probably master it by changing a few proportions, but as of now, it tastes pretty darn good! Perfect for breakfast or for a snack with tea.

Here is the link to the recipe:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Bread/zucchinibrd.htm

Also, I found out that Zucchini and Zucchini squash are two different things and the closest kroger does not sell zucchini yet. Next time, I am going to make it with zucchini and not zucchini squash.

Try it and let me know if you don't fall in love!



No comments:

Post a Comment